Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID on pink/purplish rose

Posted by plainswalker Vancouver, Ca (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 2, 07 at 20:16

A friend of mine showed me a picture of a rose, and I absolutely loved the colour... however she has no idea what rose it is (I believe she got the rose off of a free image site). Can anyone help me ID this rose?

Many thanks.

Image link: ID on pink/purplish rose (17 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID on pink/purplish rose

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 12:57

There are a great many double, bright pink roses. Instead of trying to get the same exact one maybe look for another of similar coloring that is likely to do well in your area. One such might be 'Zephirine Drouhin'.

o

There are some rose photos on this particular rose that look very similar to this. Hard to believe that some of the photos are of the same rose. Have to be because they're grown in different zones, different amount of sun/heat or someone has a rose marked wrong sometimes. But, here for your consideration, look at the ones that are similar to yours and ignore the others.

Here is a link that might be useful: Louis Odier

o

Well, that bloom looks like a Buck rose to me, which would make sense in Vancouver. Maybe Country Dancer?

o

Looks very much like Pink Peace...Breathless also looks like this color

o

Or Crowd Pleaser

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here