Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pascali??

Posted by christinmk z5 WA (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 17, 07 at 22:30

Hi guys! Im hoping you can help me with a question thats been bugging me awhile. Is this a Pascali rose? Ive seen other Pascali's and mine doesnt look like them at all. Mine has a strong fragarance, musk I believe. Mine is white with a pink blush in the center that does not fade. The rose blooms look at tad deformed as their opening, but are gorgeous when there fully open. The blooms themselves are quite shortlived. I bought the plant almost four years ago at Wal-Mart (I mean how can you pass up a $3 rose!?), the package said it was a Pascali. The plant has a lot of dead wood in the spring, which I prune back. The plant is only 2.5 ft. tall and wide. It blooms in the spring and late summer. If its not a Pascali do you know what it is? Thanks everyone!
CMK
Heres a picture
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pascali??

I don't grow Pascali but I've seen it in other gardens. It doesn't look like any I've ever seen either.

It might be Jardins de Bagatelle. Check out it's description and photos on Help Me Find and see what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jardins de Bagatelle

o

Or possibly Sheer Bliss.

o

Hi! Thanks for the help cherriej and diane_nj. I googled both of the mentioned roses. Im pritty shure Jardins de bagatelle is not my rose. Sheer Bliss may be my rose, but im not positive. SB has the form, coloring, and strong sent like mine does. But I read that it is a shrub; mine has never made it past 2.5 ft. I also read that this rose is not incredibly hardy in my zone. Could this be the reason (if it is Sheer Bliss) that it is so small, and has never grown into a shrub?
CMK

o

Yes, the zone difference may account for the size. Does it die back every year?

o

Hi! Yes it does die back. I mulch it heavily before winter hits. It has a lot of dead on it in the spring; I have to cut half of it back. Its a prity scrawny little thing; it doesnt have a lot of foliage and I dont think ive had more than 12 blooms on it at a time. I love the scent though. Ive looked at a lot of pictures, at it does look a lot like the Sheer Bliss rose.
CMK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here