Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
id this mini red rose

Posted by angel-face none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 8:04

mini, mod fragrance, a few thorns. Oval leaflets. Leaflets are deep green above and reddish underneath.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: id this mini red rose

more pics

o

another pic

o

please help me with this, got this mini from a local grocery shop as 'Mini red rose'. I'm keen on id'ing it....

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 18:44

Angel Face, the problem with these grocery store roses is that there are dozens of them it could be. The two main growers of these are Poulsen and Kordana and they grow thousands of them and ship them here for sale as disposal gift plants. Both Poulsen and Kordana have websites and sometimes if a rose is very distinctive in some way you can find the name. But a plain red mini could be almost impossible to find in the maybe dozens fo red roses they sell. Further complicating things is the fact that often times the growers will substitute one rose for another in their orders. So a buyer might order red rose "Ruby" and end up with red rose "Crimson" instead. They just fill the orders by color, not by name.

It's a pretty little rose and I would suggest you just give it a name you like and enjoy it!

o

Yeah they put these out by the thousand for special occassions. they come in most colors. There is usually more then one rose to a pot and you can repot or plant them outside My grandson gave me a beautiful yellow one put out, I think by company called Victory.. I could not find them listed on internet .. So mine will be called Archer after my grandson, who was so excited he gave his grandma her favorite yellow rose. Enjoy it.. it is really pretty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here