Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growth Habit of Hybrid Teas-Are They All the Same?

Posted by medusa_ 7MD (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 16, 07 at 9:58

I'm kind of put off by hybrid teas lately because of the habit I've seen on a few of them in my gardens---exceedingly upright, like 6 4' sticks with flowers at the ends. But I do have one that doesn't look like that. So, do all hybrid teas grow that way, or are some more attractive and bushy--more rounded than stick-like? I have very little opportunity to see roses in a garden as no one around here grows them, so I must rely on internet pictures and my own experience.

And, of course, which ones are they?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growth Habit of Hybrid Teas-Are They All the Same?

Sorry. I don't know how I posted in this forum---will repost over in the main roses forum.

o

its really all about the pruning, dont be afraid to over prune, it almost immpossible. cut those tall woody stems just above the 2nd or 3rd new stems or even lower if you can be patient the lower and more you prune the bushier the plant will get..

o

Most HT'S grow this way. Sometimes a HT will send out a spray. When you see a spray coming on thumb prune the lead bud to get a good spray.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here