Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susan_222

Possible Rose with green and red stems... no pictures

susan_222
15 years ago

I have a rose (possibly) in wooded area beside my yard that I am sorry to say I have never seen bloom, and I do not have a picture available at this time. I took some cuttings the other day as the land is subject to clearing at any time. I am trying to figure out what it is as I have been thinking of just moving the entire bush but don't want to kill it in the process and thought it may be a good idea to know a bit more about it if possible before undertaking the task. whatever it is it could possibly be old as the house (and the adjacent land were part of a farm that is possibly going to be split into lots, the house was built in the 40's, It almost appears that this may have started from some cuttings that were just thrown away at the edge of the property. The only distintive feature of this plant is that the stems are red and green. The new growth appears to be red with the green on the older canes. I don't want to sound like I know nothing about plants at all, perhaps this is just some kind of thorny berry bush, but I was so hoping for a rose so any help would be greatly appreciated. I can only get computer access a couple of days a week at this point so please bear with me on reply time. Thanks! Susan