Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help ID 3 OGR

Posted by pecanmom66 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 17:24

I have 3 OGR that I took cuttings of last spring.

The photos of the dk pink/red ogr are the mother plant I took just yesterday (6 Feb. 2007). It had 3 bloosoms on it along with another bud. I couldn't believe it was blooming when we have been having 20's and 30's overnight for 2 weeks. The mother plant is 5 feet high and about 8 feet wide with delicate canes, even the older ones aren't real heavy.

The second set of photos of the light pink, I think are an alba??? Noisette??? I have no idea, they are from a rose that is over 100 years old. The mother plant grows about 5-6 feet tall and 5-6 feet wide. The older canes get large and rough while the young canes are red.

The third is white with a bit of green in the very center when fully open. The mother plant is about 6 feet tall and I don't know how wide because it suckers quite a bit. The older canes are not as rough as the pink.

Thank you for any help!!!
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w175/pecanmom66/?start=all

Monique

Here is a link that might be useful: Monique's photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help ID 3 OGR

Sorry about that, I forgot to add:

The first 9 photos are of the pink, the next 8 are of the white and of course the last 8 are of the pink.

Thank you!!!!!!

Monqiue

o
RE: Please help ID 3 OGR

I have identified the red rose as Louis Philippe.

Still looking for names of the pink and the white.

Thank you for any help.

Monique

Here is a link that might be useful: Louis Phillipe on HMF

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here