Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Peach Belle" from Lowes

Posted by bluegirl z8TX (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 20:09

I picked this up on impulse & it turned out to be a fine rose. Very vigorous, floriferous, & disease free. don't have a photo yet. Only fault is very low fragrance.
It has a tag: "Peach Belle" BALpeach but I can't find it in my Modern Roses or on helpmefind.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Peach Belle" from Lowes

Any photos of your mystery plant?

o

Not yet for this season. It has medium sized high centered peach-orange flowers. Good petal substance Lots of flowers that hold their form even in high heat.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 12:19

PEACH BELLE was a rose hybridized by Jerry Twomey. He hybridized several famous roses, and a bunch of obscure ones, many of which never got registered I assume. Back in the late 90s he brought out a line of Dream Roses, that were supposed to be the perfect landscape roses with good bloom and no disease. They weren't anything all that exciting, and quickly bombed. They've since been renamed and were offered on QVC a few yrs ago (like 2008?).

I bought the two assortments they offered because I wanted one called SAVANNAH SILK. QVC's roses come from Cottage Farms Nursery. They had 8 of Jerry's roses in the 2 assortments. I lost some of them, as Cottage Farms plants are not the best quality. The one I wanted most, SAVANNAH SILK, either died, or was mismarked. I gave away ACAPULCO SUNSET (originally called DREAM ORANGE) and one of the others that survived (can't remember the name). PEACH BELLE actually is one that survived and is somewhere out there in one of my flower beds of roses that don't bloom much, and that I don't care about much but can't bring myself to get rid of. I don't think I've seen a bloom on it in over 2yrs. (could just be the crappy soil and somewhat shady location!)

When I ordered those roses, I had found a link to a website (possibly in Canada) that showed a bunch of Jerry's roses, including PEACH BELLE, and showed most of the ones I got. I lost the website link so I can't look it up. It may be no longer there anyway. I was really disappointed in most of those roses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here