Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluegirl_gw

"Peach Belle" from Lowes

bluegirl_gw
11 years ago

I picked this up on impulse & it turned out to be a fine rose. Very vigorous, floriferous, & disease free. don't have a photo yet. Only fault is very low fragrance.
It has a tag: "Peach Belle" BALpeach but I can't find it in my Modern Roses or on helpmefind.

Comments (4)

• intris
    11 years ago

Any photos of your mystery plant?

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Not yet for this season. It has medium sized high centered peach-orange flowers. Good petal substance Lots of flowers that hold their form even in high heat.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

PEACH BELLE was a rose hybridized by Jerry Twomey. He hybridized several famous roses, and a bunch of obscure ones, many of which never got registered I assume. Back in the late 90s he brought out a line of Dream Roses, that were supposed to be the perfect landscape roses with good bloom and no disease. They weren't anything all that exciting, and quickly bombed. They've since been renamed and were offered on QVC a few yrs ago (like 2008?).

I bought the two assortments they offered because I wanted one called SAVANNAH SILK. QVC's roses come from Cottage Farms Nursery. They had 8 of Jerry's roses in the 2 assortments. I lost some of them, as Cottage Farms plants are not the best quality. The one I wanted most, SAVANNAH SILK, either died, or was mismarked. I gave away ACAPULCO SUNSET (originally called DREAM ORANGE) and one of the others that survived (can't remember the name). PEACH BELLE actually is one that survived and is somewhere out there in one of my flower beds of roses that don't bloom much, and that I don't care about much but can't bring myself to get rid of. I don't think I've seen a bloom on it in over 2yrs. (could just be the crappy soil and somewhat shady location!)

When I ordered those roses, I had found a link to a website (possibly in Canada) that showed a bunch of Jerry's roses, including PEACH BELLE, and showed most of the ones I got. I lost the website link so I can't look it up. It may be no longer there anyway. I was really disappointed in most of those roses.

• bluegirl_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you for the excellent information about Peach Belle! I didn't see your answer until recently, after another search for info. about it.

I have some current photos--it's still a great rose here.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler