Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unidentified Apricot Floribunda

Posted by Tuderte 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 22:32

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me identify this rose. It belongs to a friend of mine who 'inherited' it when she bought a farm in Central Western New South Wales (Australia) seven years ago. The garden had been neglected for some years before she bought the farm and the roses were in a very sorry state.

My observations of this rose are as follows -

It has an enormous stump and I'm guessing that it was planted at the time the house was built, which was very soon after World War 2 - so, it is a rose that would have been widely available in Australia in the early 1950s.

The flowering habit is that of a floribunda
It is not perfumed
The form of the rose is really quite beautiful in all stages
It lasts very well as a cut flower in a vase
As the flower ages the colour tends more towards ivory

If there is any further information I can provide, please let me know.

I will try and attach a link to an album I have on Picasa which contains about ten photos of the rose.

Please excuse me if this doesn't display correctly - it's my first attempt at posting to the web!

Here is a link that might be useful: Unidentified Apricot Floribunda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unidentified Apricot Floribunda

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 19:39

From the picture you posted here I thought maybe Sisters at Heart but then I went to the link and now I'm not so sure. My SaH can be much deeper in color.

o

Thank you for your response seil, I don't think it can be Sisters at Heart because my friend's rose is completely devoid of any fragrance, whereas Sisters at Heart is apparently 'very fragrant' - also, my friend's rose was widely available in rural Australia in the early 1950s but Sisters at Heart was only introduced in 2006.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 16:43

Well that rules out a lot of them. The only one I saw on HMF that looked similar was one called Narzisse but I have no idea if it was available in Australia.

Here is a link that might be useful: Narzisse

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here