Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My friend's rose

Posted by katebet South Australia (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 0:05

My friend moved to the Adelaide Hills and has inherited some beautiful roses - one of which is this one. I would love to be able to tell her the name of it. My beloved Nan would have been able to tell me at a glance, but she passed away three years ago and I don't have her amazing knowledge. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My friend's rose

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 12:11

Hi Kate! It would be really difficult to ID this rose from just one picture of the blooms and without having more information about it. Any information about how old it might be or when it was planted could be helpful. Also being that you are in Australia there may be many roses that would be available there that we would never have seen here in the states because of the trade problems and vice versa. There is one orange blend rose that I can think of that I believe is available there called Sheila's Perfume. That is only a wild guess though and there could be many others.

o

• Posted by katebet South Australia (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 21:35

Hi Seil - thanks for the reply. I think it might be the case that it will be too difficult to identify...it kind of looks like a Peace Rose to me, but not quite...I'll ask my friend for any more info that she might have.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 14:02

Maybe SUNDOWNER?

o

If the color in the photo is true, I would guess not 'Peace': there's too much brown in it. Also the form of the flowers is not overly convincing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here