Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Queen Elizabeth? Or -- ??

Posted by SFV4Life 10b?20 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 14:35

Hi all,
This is the first of a series I'll be posting in an effort to ID the roses that came with our house. We've lived here since 1986, but only now do I have the time & inclination to find out what is growing in my front yard.
I think this is Queen Elizabeth. It's a very tall bush -- over 5' -- but the flowers aren't arranged like a grandiflora's -- more hybrid tea-ish. The pictures show the bud and the open flower.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Queen Elizabeth? Or -- ??

Here's the bud.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 18:36

I don't think this is QE. It's too cool a pink (more blue in it). QE is a very warm pink (more yellow in it). It's very difficult because there are SO many pinks out there but this could be Perfume Delight or Pink Peace too.

o

It has a very mild generic-rose scent, so I don't think it could be anything with "Perfume" in the name. I'm checking Pink Peace on HMF.
The house itself goes back to 1949, but it was remodeled extensively in the mid-sixties and I think it's more likely the roses date from then.
Thanks,
Sylvia

o

Not a qe I'm staring at mine now your foliage is wrong

o

I thought about 'Pink Peace' too, but as I recall it's strongly scented.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here