Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merlcat

Help ID unknown pink

merlcat
11 years ago

I'm hoping to give a name to this pink rose. These pictures are from last may. The plant was from a cutting I rooted in 2010, so I don't have pictures of the whole plant. It grows in Philadelphia and the mother plant is about chest high and seems to grow as a climber along a fence with long canes and a stout framework. I think it could be much taller but it seems trained with the canes almost woven side to side on the split rail and has a strong framework.

I happened to be walking by and saw all these long canes cut on the ground and paused to look at them. The person tending the property (a commercial property) called over and said I could take them. I didn't even realize he was there, just paused because there were all these cuttings on the ground. I never asked the name, I'm a dummy! He said he worked on all that persons properties and I haven't seen him since. I could try and look him up somhow but thought I would see what you guys thought.

My cuttings did great. I have two plants.They have both thrown out some long canes and I finally planted them last season in the ground. There has been no dieback at all. the canes were pretty flexible since they were young. One I wrapped around a small pillare, the other I planted in the ground at my parents against a small trellis, attaching the canes back and forth from side to side. I assume it is some type of climber, but could be considered a shrub from the looks of the mother plant, I suppose.

Any ideas? I hope to try and get pictures of the mother plant in bloom and always forget to bring my camera when I am up there, but I figured I would start with the photos I took last year.

This plant is young so the blooms seem floppy, but from the looks of the mother plant I would not really consider it weak stemmed. It does repeat.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler