Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UFO - Gorgeous Fragrant Pink Rose

Posted by modernlover Dallas, TX (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 12 at 15:50

Last year I bought a rose from a roadside nursery in Bonham, TX, sort of a ramshackle affair. I planted it and got a couple of roses last year. This year, it is covered with buds and the flowers are beautiful, large and very fragrant. I'm dying to know what kind of rose it is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Image link: UFO - Gorgeous Fragrant Pink Rose (54 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UFO - Gorgeous Fragrant Pink Rose

Hmm ... sure looks like Tiffany to me. Your description is spot-on, too. It's one of the finest pink roses (with those tell-tale yellow centers) in existence and a wonderful example of a hybrid tea. Unlike many modern HT's, it's also fairly disease-resistant. A real keeper in any garden.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 21:38

Looks like my Queen Elizabeth.

o

I've had QE for over 20 years and I've never seen a yellow highlight in the center or any frangrance, either. However, seil's comment brings up another interesting possibility - Bewitched. I can't remember whether some Bewitched blooms reveal a yellow center or not, but one of Bewitched's parents is QE and it's fragrant, to boot.

Here's a pic I have and honestly - I can't remember whether it's Bewitched or Tiffany. I'm pretty certain it's Tiffany, but most of the time they tend toward more pointed centers than this:

o

That's Tiffany - in my picture and yours. My Bewitched has a couple of blooms already this year and there is no yellow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here