Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acsparling

florist's rose-white blending to pink blending to green

acsparling
17 years ago

I received the most stunning cut rose blossom as a gift, and would love to identify it. I am a layman, so please bear with me: the petals are very light pink at the base, edged with a darker pink and the outermost petals are a soft lime green. Viewed from the bottom, the rose looks green (you can't see any pink petals). The form is a beautiful spiral center and the peals are slightly "ruffled". There is almost no fragarance. The leaves are medium to small dark green, and there were no thorns on the stem (alhthough maybe they were just removed). These exquisite blossoms look like porcelin, and I would love to know the name of the rose. Thank you for any thoughts any of you may have.

Comments (4)

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Well, from Eufloria, maybe Ballet or Esperance (let the page load for a few seconds, then roll your cursor over the name of the rose to see the photo). I think Esperance might be it, try the photo here at Equiflor - Rio Roses (select "Esperance" from the pull-down menu). A few more searches find Marrakesh as a possibility.

• acsparling
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Diane, thank you so much! It is absolutely "Esperance"--and I am so impressed that you knew that! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Best,
    Alexandra

• theroselvr
    17 years ago

I'm impressed too!

I've been seeing this one at the supermarket too, and when I saw Esperance, it looked like a match to me.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

If you only knew how much time I spend standing in front of the flower case at the supermarket... Sue (roselvr) knows how nutty I am! ;-))

You're welcome! Glad that I could help!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?