Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
florist's rose-white blending to pink blending to green

Posted by acsparling CA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 07 at 16:06

I received the most stunning cut rose blossom as a gift, and would love to identify it. I am a layman, so please bear with me: the petals are very light pink at the base, edged with a darker pink and the outermost petals are a soft lime green. Viewed from the bottom, the rose looks green (you can't see any pink petals). The form is a beautiful spiral center and the peals are slightly "ruffled". There is almost no fragarance. The leaves are medium to small dark green, and there were no thorns on the stem (alhthough maybe they were just removed). These exquisite blossoms look like porcelin, and I would love to know the name of the rose. Thank you for any thoughts any of you may have.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: florist's rose-white blending to pink blending to green

Well, from Eufloria, maybe Ballet or Esperance (let the page load for a few seconds, then roll your cursor over the name of the rose to see the photo). I think Esperance might be it, try the photo here at Equiflor - Rio Roses (select "Esperance" from the pull-down menu). A few more searches find Marrakesh as a possibility.

o

Diane, thank you so much! It is absolutely "Esperance"--and I am so impressed that you knew that! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Best,
Alexandra

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 24, 07 at 8:30

I'm impressed too!

I've been seeing this one at the supermarket too, and when I saw Esperance, it looked like a match to me.

o

If you only knew how much time I spend standing in front of the flower case at the supermarket... Sue (roselvr) knows how nutty I am! ;-))

You're welcome! Glad that I could help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here