Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cncnorman

unknown old rose bush

cncnorman
18 years ago

Last summer my aunt and uncle were going to get rid of some rose bushes so I offered to 'take them off their hands.' Only one survived and I have no idea what type it is as I am new to roses but I do know that it used to be deep red colored flower at their house and now at my house it is a hot pink color. Does anyone know what would cause that to happen? I do know that the bush is over thirty years old as it was originally at my great grandmothers house and was then moved to my aunts place and now is at my house. All of these house were in the same 20 mile area so I can't figure a huge climate change could cause this change in color.

My flower bed is a raised bed on the southwest side of the house that gets ALOT of sunlight and additonal water by hand. I made the bed like this: 40% compost, 20% peat moss, and the rest was decomposed granite, lava sand, green sand, corn meal, bone meal, and dry molasses with a two inch layer of shredded cedar on top. Oh, and so far there have been three dead fish planted there from our aquarium *no more than six inches in total length*. I believe her beds are just texas caliche with 40% sand and 10% peat moss added and some compost once in awhile with sea shells for mulch.

I appreciate ya'lls help.

Hugs!

Christina

here's a link to some pictures of it. http://community.webshots.com/album/548764463SEFpYI

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida