Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Rose with Yellow Stripe

Posted by beadknitter 4-5 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 08 at 0:43

Hi,
This last weekend Sweet Hubby and I went to Costco and I bought a bouquet of flowers that had these deep red roses with yellow stripes. I've never seen this kind of rose before. Does anyone know what it is, and if it's available for the home gardener?

Thanks in advance,
Linda Jo

Image link: Red Rose with Yellow Stripe (56 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Rose with Yellow Stripe

Hi,
Thought I'd add that is has no scent, and another pic link.

Thanks,
Linda Jo

Here is a link that might be useful: Red and Yellow Stripe Rose

o

Hocus Pocus or Abracadabra (Abracadabra is a sport or mutation of Hocus Pocus). The only place that used to either is Moore's Roses. She shows Abracadabra as "Sold Out" and no longer offers Hocus Pocus. Try sending an e-mail to see when/if she'll have any available this year.

o

Thank you!

o

It's Abracadabra. The blooms are kind of small when grown in the garden, but they last forever. Send an email to Moore's Roses and ask to be added to the waiting list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here