Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bveronico

Is it possible to identify this rose?

brooklynbonnie
10 years ago

Hello!

We moved into our home last July and I took this picture of a rose that was in bloom in the back of the little yard. It's growing in a very inhospitable place; out of concrete at the base of the neighbors house and in a corner made by two buildings both 2 stories or more, and under three trees which provide dappled to full shade for the whole summer. It is also in competition with a horribly ugly and large vine weed which has taken over that corner, also growing out of the concrete and up the neighboring buildings.

I don't know when, or even if, it was planted, but there was another small-bloomed pink rose growing in the yard when we moved in, but that was removed as we decided to make use of the yard space and it basically blocked the path to the back of the yard.

The remaining rose is *very* thorny. It appears no one in recent years tended to it as it had many feet of dead cane which we trimmed off as we cleaned up the yard space. Now that it's pushing out green growth I hoped to start giving it some attention since it had such pretty blooms last year despite it's horrible location. However, I've never been a rose person so I don't know the first thing, except I thought they need sun...

I figured I would try to figure what type of rose it was first. Any ideas? I regret I did not take time to get a picture of one of the blooms last year. They were on the small side, maybe 2 inches across.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!