Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink and Yellow large rose

Posted by diysarah 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 10:37

This beautiful rose was killed when a neighbor decided to shovel the snow from her driveaway over the fence. It broke off right at ground level :(

IMG_0955.JPG

It was about 5 feet tall and not super bushy. The flowers were 4-5 inches across. It was an older plant, probably from the 1970s based on the history of the house. THe base stem was about 2" in diameter so she was a sizable plant.

I'd love to plant something similar in its place. These were beautiful flowers.

Sarah

Here is a link that might be useful: www.diysarah.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink and Yellow large rose

Without seeing more of the bloom, it looks like it might have been in the hybrid tea class. I would suggest Granada.

o
RE: Pink and Yellow large rose

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 16:57

Sarah, don't count it out yet. Was there a large knobby section at the base where all the canes came out? If so was the break above or below that knotty part? If it was above it your rose will probably come back. If it was below that section then if it comes back it will probably only be the root stock and not your rose. Then you would have to replace it.

If you could post more pictures of it that would help but it does look like Granada which would fit your time estimate.as it was introduced in the 60s.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here