photo 28_zps6e55b20d.jpg

photo 24_zpsdf679513.jpg

photo 25_zps8c157b05.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple lovely plants - should not be difficult to ID

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 20:01

Can you give us any information about them? When they were purchased maybe. And more information on how they grow and bloom and are they fragrant or not. Also more pictures of the whole plant and leaves would help.

o

Hmm, I would guess the middle one is Double Delight--does it have a strong and sweet frangrance? If not, I'm wrong, because Double Delight does. The last one I'm almost certain is Careless Love, as the petals with the large pale pink areas are very common with Careless Love as it trys to revert to Mrs. Charles Bell. Careless Love here goes from bud to fully blown to petals dropping in about a day, so if it stays on the bush for a long time it probably isn't Careless Love, though it sure looks it.

o

KSGreenman 6a (My Page) on Fri, May 3, 13 at 22:39
These are indeed fragrant. The grower claims all these are Chinese locally developed NOIDs. Some are quite old. If you look at the real thing, they are of different size and growing habits. The last one has long lasting blooms.

o

Here is a double delight, the middle of your rose doesn't look like my double delight.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, May 12, 13 at 13:12

The last one looks like CARELESS LOVE.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, May 12, 13 at 18:57

Double Delight does get those wildly muddled centers all the time though. In exhibiting circles everyone always says it's called "Double" Delight because it always has double centers, lol!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here