Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please ID this neighbour's rose

Posted by handg san jose, ca (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 12:40

I know:
Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's rose...
but i must know what this is...
heavenly fragrance too.

thanks,
handg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please ID this neighbour's rose

It's a blessing for us all that there are quite a few excellently scented red Hybrid Teas around. I don't know which one this is, perhaps someone else does. Some possibilities that come to mind are 'Mister Lincoln', 'Oklahoma', 'Crimson Glory', 'Chrysler Imperial', 'Mirandy', 'Francis Dubreuil'/'Barcelona' (two names for one rose).
Having you asked your neighbor?

o

Looks a great deal like my Mr. Lincoln.

o

• Posted by vettin z6b Northern VA (My Page) on
    Wed, May 7, 14 at 5:47

Gorgeous. Anyway you could take photos from other angles to maybe narrow it down?

o

I think the leaves look like those on Mr. Lincoln.

o

Hi! Looks a lot like Mr. Lincoln. If it has very long stems, heavy rose fragrance and perfectly shaped buds, it might be Mr. Lincoln. Mr. Lincoln was named after the president visited Europe, in his honor. It's one of my favorite roses !~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here