Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandrayln

Unknown pink rose

sandrayln
15 years ago

We recently purchased a house - August of last year - and it came with this single rosebush. I haven't had a chance to see the full summer cycle yet, but here's what I know about it:

Currently about waist-high - 3 foot, maybe? - with a roughly V-shaped profile from ground to tips. Canes are fairly flexible; some of them are drooping from the weight of the flowers currently. It seems to be in two "parts" - the section nearest the street is long, tall canes with foliage more in the top half than the bottom; the section behind it is lower and looks a bit bushier, though there's still a few inches clearance from ground to the first leaves. There are thorns, but they're fairly small and break off easily.

Last rose of 2007 was in September, and was a faded pink. We've since learned that the entire yard was unwatered for at least a month before we moved in, and only lightly watered between then and when it bloomed, so there may have been environmental effects here.

It's growing in partial shade on the east side of the house.

Currently producing buds and blooming like mad - started about three weeks ago, opening two to three flowers every few days. Flowers are one to a stem and a medium pink that I wasn't expecting after last year's faded bloom. It doesn't have a very strong scent; with three blossoms cut and in water in my car, I was getting a faint rosy scent, but wore one in my hair outside for a few hours and didn't smell a thing.

One of the current crop of roses {{gwi:1217496}}.

Foliage, a few flowers washed out by a flash, and some buds {{gwi:1217499}}.

Anyone have any ideas?