Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP-- Love this Rose but have no idea what it's name is!!!

Posted by gpraceman CO (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 18:44

We had this wonderful rose at our old house but didn't think to write down the name when we planted it. We have moved and have to re-do the yard and would love to add this to our new landscaping. We loved how the blooms would change color as the buds would age.

Can you name this rose??

This post was edited by gpraceman on Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 2:25

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP-- Love this Rose but have no idea what it's name is!!!

Here is another shot of the same rose.

o

'Chris Evert' looks very similiar. On page 3 at HMF there's a bush shot showing aging blooms.

o

HMF?

o

HMF == Help Me Find, it is an online database of roses (and some other plants). Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: HelpMeFind.com Rose Search

o

This should take you to the page.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.1163&tab=36&qn=2&qc=0

o

Thanks for the help everyone.

We stopped by a local nursery and found a Chris Evert. The blooms didn't look like the one that we had. Talking with an old gent from the nursery staff, he thought it was Peace. Hopefully, that is correct. We went ahead and bought a Peace bare root rose.

o

'Peace' is an old lovely pastel rose that does not last well. It's not a match for your pictures. The link will show several photos of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.2203&tab=36&qn=8&qc=0

o

Joseph's Coat is colored like that, but it's a climber.

o

We did see the Joseph's Coat, and that looks like the blooms that we had, but it definitely wasn't a climber.

We got the rose as a bare root. After one winter, we thought it was totally dead, but it came back. I have a feeling that it was the root stock that came back. So, I have a feeling that we might not be able to find a match locally.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 19:00

If it was just the root stock that came back it would probably have been either an all white or all red rose with fewer petals.

Your rose is definitely NOT Peace but could be one of the other roses with Peace in the name like Desert Peace or Glowing Peace.

o

OMG! I just posted this now asking what it was too!!!!!!! So sorry in advance to everyone but it's an amazing multicolored rose bush!

o

Here's the pic that I posted and I never see the owner or I would ask.

o

Maybe Chicago Peace?

o

• Posted by vettin z6b Northern VA (My Page) on
    Wed, May 7, 14 at 5:43

Or love and peace? Just a guess

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here