Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone help id this rose??

Posted by nikkineel 8/7b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 23, 08 at 18:51

This rose was here when we bought the house 15+ years ago. Previous owners said it was really "old". The house was built in 1927 but I'm really not sure how long ago the rose was planted. Can anyone help ID it? Thanks, Nikki

Here is a link that might be useful: rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone help id this rose??

Are the blooms small? does it only bloom once a year? It looks like R. multiflora.

o

I agree. Looks like Multiflora ;)

o

Yes it's multiflora.

o

R. multiflora. It was probably once the rootstock of a Hybrid Tea grafted onto it, but the HT died and left behind the R. multiflora. In the Mid West it is considered an invasive, so if you start seeing seedlings coming up all over the place, please destroy them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here