Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!

Posted by djinn44 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 21:41

Ok, I bought several roses a a few years ago to make the front of the house look nicer. At the time, I didn't know anything about them and apparently I bought a few that are VERY susceptible to disease. This year I am cutting my losses with those disease prone ones and replacing them. I would like to replace it white the same kind that sits next to them., but I didn't save the identification tag and I have no idea what it is :( last year (it's second year and first full summer) the rose in question grew to a solid 6' tall and had stems on t that looked like small trees. It puts out large bright red buds that open and still maintain a cup shape. I know it is a hybrid tea and I thought it might be a mister lincoln but the people at the nursery looked at the attached picture and said that they didn't think it was because it was to bright.

If anyone can help me identify this plant I would be very appreciative. If there is any additional information I can add, please let me know and I'll do my best.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!

I don't know if that's it or not, but the color reminds me of a rose I had a few years ago called Hot 'n' Spicy.

o

This is what it looks like when the buds open all the way. Sorry it's not a better picture.

o

It doesn't look near so orange as the first pic. I don't believe it's Hot 'n' Spicy, like I first thought, that was very red-orange. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hope you find the name, it sure looks happy in your yard

o

Thank you for your help. The first picture was taken on an overcast day with a really good camera. The second is a much more accurate depiction of its color.

o

Is it very fragrant? It could be fragrant cloud.

o

It is fragrant. I actually think i find out what it was. I think it is the hybrid tea Mirandy. I was helping my neighbor burn some branches from a tree that was cut down and in the diet I find an old rose tag for mirandy. I'm the only one in the neighborhood that grows teas so this must me it.
The real kicker is the tag has survived two years of weather and several LARGE fires.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here