Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
which HT is this?

Posted by gbebeh 9 socal (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 08 at 23:04

I know this rose is a hybrid tea. It is probably from J&P. I think I planted it about 3 years ago. It is still a small bush, but I did prune it hard in Feb. I can't find the metal tag and for the life of me I can remember what rose this is. It has a very nice rose smell. Very "rosey" not real strong, but not light either.

Here are some pics of the bloom that I cut:
Photobucket
redrose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: which HT is this?

ok after looking at helpmefind and j&P I think it is black magic. Does this sound right to you guys?
thanks, gbebeh

o

Yes, it does.

o

But Black Magic doesn't have a scent. At least mine don't. It looks more like Taboo to me. Didn't J&P used to sell that one several years ago?

o

Wow after looking at Taboo pictures I"m really stumped. My rose seems very similiar to Taboo and Black Magic.

ok gotta keep thinking about this. What are the big differences between black magic and taboo??

thanks for the help!

o

I have both Black Magic and Taboo, but mine are both young. Black Magic has better form and last longer in a vase, but Taboo has a scent and is darker. Black Magic didn't have any scent for me. Taboo has been very difficult to get for the past couple of years, which might narrow it down if someone knows when Taboo went off the market in the US.

o

Black Bacara?

o

no definitely not Black Baccara. I have one of those and this rose is different. More scent and less black.

Black Baccara is a great rose though, I'm really enamored with it.

o

Looks like the typical Black Magic centers to me. What does the new foliage look like before it ages?

o

I'd guess that Taboo went off the market before I started growing roses in 2001--we started with J&P roses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here