Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
april105

Climbing Rose..

april105
15 years ago

My Grandmothers neighbor was cleaning out some garden beds. She had planted a climbing rose 40 years ago and it went crazy rooting it's self every where. Me and my brother-n-law decided to help her because it was a HUGE job and took us all day with many nicks and cuts. Anyway to get to the point, she let me dig up several large rooted peices that had rooted away from their original place. She couldn't recall what they were called though. I found a pic on the net that looks just like it and was wondering if you could identify it. It has pink roses that have a wonderful smell and most are double peteled but some are single. She had it planted by a brick wall about 5 feet tall and they just lay over it in a big mass. It is really beautiful and was planted in half shade and she said she has never pruned it but it was full of flowers that bloomed in 6-10 clusters on each stem. Well that's about all I can think of that would help in naming it. I hate not knowing what is planted in my yard. Sorry the pic is such bad quality. This website wont allow over 66 k so I had to reduce the quality. Thanks!...

Image link:

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio