Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
purplish pink thornless rambler?

Posted by rlukacevic zone 7 VA (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 05 at 6:35

Greetings. This is the third attempt at posting. I tried to attach a photo, but, alas, the file was too large. I'm working on getting a smaller file. In an old graveyard I came upon a neglected rambler. Arching canes covered with nodding blooms of purplish pink and an old rose scent. The canes are thornless or nearly so (at least on the laterals that I cut). The blooms are 3.5-4.0 inches in diameter and have held up for about a week in a vase. The color is a delicate purplish pink and transluscent. The color blended perfectly when in a vase of sweetpeas. The reverse of the petals has a silvery sheen. It is NOT Reine des Violette or Velchienblau. There are very many petals, almost ruffley, reminiscent of a peony. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: purplish pink thornless rambler?

Have you tried looking at Zepherine Drouhin?

o
RE: purplish pink thornless rambler?

If you'd like, I can put your photo on my PBase account (I can resize it if necessary) and embed it here?
It's hard to tell without a photo.

A

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here