Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need id please

Posted by lisa_ch 6 (My Page) on
Sun, May 28, 06 at 6:45

I got this from the golf course where I worked one year. I have always just referred to it as a wild rose. But, I have no idea what it actually is. I love it though. I blooms profusely at this time of year. It does spread though and I have to divide it up from time to time.
Does any one know it's actual name?

Image link: need id please (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need id please

Your photo resembles the one of Old Red Runaround on helpmefind.com (see link). Vintage Gardens says that ORR (also known as "Little Red Runaround" and just "Red Runaround") is "found in more old gardens, cemetaries and roadsides than perhaps any other rose in America." It's supposed to be a small-flowered, very fragrant once-bloomer - does this description fit your rose? Don't know whether that one is hardy to Zone 6, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Red Runaround

o

Thanks. It is possible that it is the red runaround. It looks alot like it. The only difference is that my blooms are redder but other than that it is close. I do know that it is hardy here in zone 6. I have had it for years and got it from a place that has had it alot longer.

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 7:06

How about Rose de Rescht which is available at garden centers?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose de Rescht

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here