Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small single rose

Posted by izhar Karachi 11a (izharjee1@hotmail.com) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 7:29

This plant grows like a rambler... 1-1.5 inch blooms at the end of new growth in clusters, slightly fragrant, very thorny, small leaves:

photo Photo0030_zps746c8b63.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small single rose

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 2, 14 at 9:41

It looks a little like Peggy T but that's a miniature. Can you tell us anything more about it? Like when you got it or how old it might be? Does it rebloom or just once in the spring?

o

I acquired her last year, she is a grafted one.

In the pot it bloomed on short stalks so i thought she would never grow large but when it shifted her in the ground, she acted like on steroids.. lol. 5 stalks (more than 3 feet long) were formed, multiple stalks still coming from the graft..

Spring is over now in our area but she is still blooming, forming buds (which are always at the end of new growth)

o

bump..

This post was edited by izhar on Tue, May 6, 14 at 8:41

o

It looks rather like the HMF pictures of Sanguinea, or R. chinensis sanguinea, except for the size of the flowers, which are given as 2.5" dia. Flower size can vary a lot with climate and water availability.

o

Lets see how it blooms in the cooler months which will show its true form and color... some pictures of Peggy "T" does resemble it...

o

I'm a bit confused. Your profile says you live in the United States, but your zone is Karachi 11? If you're outside the US, it is highly unlikely your rose is Peggy T and far more likely it is something bred in Europe. I would suggest possibly one of the landscape types from Kordes or Meilland as they have tremendous world wide distribution. Kim

o

Are you sure the rose canes are developing on the graft or from under the graft?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here