Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which mauve rose could it be?

Posted by Ordphien 9 (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 8:13

Last year I found this rose in Lowe's.
It was tagless, but otherwise healthy.

And for some unknown reason marked down to $6.

I had been coveting Angel face in the local nurseries for a while now. And it looked and smelled so similar I said. Why not?

Is it Angel face?
Two things stand out as different.
The first being the leaves on the ones at the nursery are rather glossy..These are rather matte. The second is the pictures I see, and again, the ones at the nursery always have ruby edges. I've never seen a trace on mine.

The fragrance is divine. The strong lemony fruitloops type smell I associate with lavender roses

It looks very pink in this photo lol.
I must confess this is my only photo as I completely neglected it last year. It languished in a pot.
Doing better this year.

This post was edited by Ordphien on Mon, May 5, 14 at 9:41

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which mauve rose could it be?

In my experience, Angel Face is a more matte leaf and I don't remember seeing any ruby edges on them. This does look like Angel Face to me.

o

How interesting.
I might just call it Angel face then. The lack of ruby edges throws me more than anything

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 9, 14 at 20:54

It looks like Angel Face to me. It has the typical ruffled form and I can see some deeper blushing on the outside petals. Weather conditions can have a large affect on the coloring of my AF.

o

Looks alot like AF to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here