Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inherited Rambler - Pale Pink - June flowering

Posted by nicoleternity 6a (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 10:47

Hi folks,

I have a June (like June 1st, esp this warm/early year!) flowering rambler (or climber? I think rambler it only blooms once) that is on the south side of my yard. It was here when I moved in and I'm very glad.

*I posted about this rose in the main rose forum with questions about pruning, but realized there is a name-that-plant just for roses, so I'm posting just about identifying it here.*

It has medium green foliage (not super dark and glossy like some), and pale pink fully double (I think?) blooms. It has many long stems (now) fanned out. It has a fairly strong I would say damask smell, though I'm not an expert. It is full in habit as I am training it horizontally along the fence, but it is NOT one of those incredibly exuberant fluffy types, it's more of several trailing nicely blooming canes than a huge mass.

It seems very vigorous as this house was rented and then foreclosed for years before we bought it and everything but the hostas, poppies, and this rosebush were dead.

I have this photo from last year of the blooms but it's very low res I know.

I wonder if anyone can direct me toward a place to look, or help me narrow down what this might be -- even confirm that it might be a rambler vs. a climber...

Thanks in advance - and if this gets nowhere I will post in a few weeks when it blooms!

Nicole

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inherited Rambler - Pale Pink - June flowering

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, May 20, 12 at 20:48

If you could post more pictures of it blooming in June it would be helpful. Sots of the buds and all stages of the bloom and of the leaves, canes and full plant. There are a lot of old pink ramblers it could be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here