Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicoleternity

Inherited Rambler - Pale Pink - June flowering

nicoleternity
11 years ago

Hi folks,

I have a June (like June 1st, esp this warm/early year!) flowering rambler (or climber? I think rambler it only blooms once) that is on the south side of my yard. It was here when I moved in and I'm very glad.

*I posted about this rose in the main rose forum with questions about pruning, but realized there is a name-that-plant just for roses, so I'm posting just about identifying it here.*

It has medium green foliage (not super dark and glossy like some), and pale pink fully double (I think?) blooms. It has many long stems (now) fanned out. It has a fairly strong I would say damask smell, though I'm not an expert. It is full in habit as I am training it horizontally along the fence, but it is NOT one of those incredibly exuberant fluffy types, it's more of several trailing nicely blooming canes than a huge mass.

{{gwi:279441}}

It seems very vigorous as this house was rented and then foreclosed for years before we bought it and everything but the hostas, poppies, and this rosebush were dead.

I have this photo from last year of the blooms but it's very low res I know.

I wonder if anyone can direct me toward a place to look, or help me narrow down what this might be -- even confirm that it might be a rambler vs. a climber...

Thanks in advance - and if this gets nowhere I will post in a few weeks when it blooms!

Nicole

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?