Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floraphile

Old-Fashioned (?) Pink Shrub Rose

floraphile
9 years ago

I'd love to learn more about this rose. My mother gave it to me years ago. I seem to recall that she said either this or the other rose (a pink rambler, which I posted about in this forum earlier today)-- or possibly both-- came from my aunt's garden, and she thought one or both were "old-fashioned" or "antique" roses. I don't really know enough to say whether that's true, but both have proven themselves to be very hardy plants that multiply easily.

I now have several of these pink rose shrubs scattered around the yard. I trim these shrubs back every so often, but they always seem to spring back to about 3 to 4 feet tall and wide, I'd estimate.

The blooms, from what I can recall, come off and on throughout the year. Right now, they're giving a pretty good show-- the first of the year. (This photo was taken a couple of days ago. There are many more flowers open now...)

Buds appear in clusters. Each flower is fairly small-- about 1 and 3/4 to 2 inches in diameter. There is no scent, or if there is, it must be extremely faint.

I'll be happy to answer follow-up questions to the best of my ability. Thank you for your time!

Comments (3)