Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fragrantrosenut

Mystery Old Garden Rose, Any Experts ??

fragrantrosenut
17 years ago

Hello

I have a Very Large Old Garden Rose, Obviously Not True to Name, and an Upcoming Local Rose Show, and would appreciate any old garden rose expert opinions on this Variety. It was purchased in the spring of 03, an own root example of what was called "Rose Du Roi " Obviously Not. I moved it against a fence when it began growing like an Octopus requiring more space. It is Now 7 foot wide and High, in early to mid bloom with Hundreds and Hundreds of flowers and Buds forming, The Flower Form is fairly typical of Bourbons and other OGR's Somewhat resembeling Louise Odier in form, on a Much larger plant. The Flowers are slightly paler and more blueish than Louise. What makes this Variety Unique and is Hopefully the give away of it's type is: When the Plant is nearing the end of it's bloom cycle (The plant flowers once only-Mad May to Early july) say Mid to Late June, A Number of the flowers have a Second Bloom coming right out of the middle of the 1st Flower. This Occurs on 15 or even 20% of the late blooms. This Unusual 2nd Flowering is the Specificly Identifying factor. If anyone knows what this variety is I would love to know. Thankyoui Kindly !!

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!