Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID for this sad little rose

Posted by Weberriver none (My Page) on
Wed, May 28, 14 at 15:07

This poor rosebush has been eaten alive; I almost didn't even notice it was in the garden til I saw its one lone bloom. Shame, too, since it's a lovely little flower. Any ideas what kind it could be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID for this sad little rose

Bloom:

o

If it weren't such a small bloom, I'd guess 'Peace' rose. I don't know if 'Peace' has a cousin with a smaller bloom, or if an undernourished 'Peace' might put out smaller flowers?

Good luck!

o

Lol, we actually have a Peace rosebush, just a few feet away from this one, actually. And it's really thriving, so probably not.

It might help to mention that when this rose was still a bud, it was vividly orange intermixed with yellow? More orange than the mature bloom would suggest.

o

In what part of the country is this rose trying to survive? Do you think it may have just been zapped by the unusually cold winter, and is not really at its best quite yet?

o

Northern Utah. And yeah, that could be.

o

I have a raised bed, I call the rose hospital. It is for all those roses I find that are trying to make it but or having a hard time. I also use it in the fall for some rooting some cuttings or branches that have been accidentally pruned. I think I would put this little guy in the rose hospital for a couple of months and maybe you will have another Peace, which is always a joy. I had a "Peace Rose" once that had one flower that was half pink and exactly 1/2 of the bloom was yellow. So you just never know. Hope it is just Peach that just need some special care.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here