Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thatjulesgirl

Assistance identifying beautiful red bloomers, please!

thatJulesgirl
10 years ago

Hi there,

I could use some expertise with identifying the rose bushes next to my house, if you please!

History:
We moved here four summers ago and they did not bloom the first two years that we were here. Last year after some inexperienced pruning they bloomed once beautifully at the end of spring, but then nothing during the summer.

They have begun to bloom again this year, but I would love to find out what they are to find out how to care for them properly (and if they could possibly be a continuous bloomer!)

Rose information I have gleaned:

Color is a deep pinky-crimson that becomes a bit lighter toward the center.

Mostly visible stamen when opened - which when fully bloomed it seems to be primarily flat, slightly cupped at the ends.

Flowers appear to be semi-double and they have the faintest smell of pepper. The flower that I clipped two days ago, which is slowly fading away, now has what I think of as the classic rose smell as well as the slight pepper musk.

I thought that the two bushes were the same, but the one had a white bloom a few days ago and now what looks to be two pink buds. One of the flowers also has a white streak.

I will post additional pictures below - any assistance on class or type would be much appreciated! Happy gardening!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm