Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unknown Rambler

Posted by vogue_x Alabama Gulf Coast (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 14 at 15:54

I came across this lovely rose growing alongside a highway next to an abandoned pasture. I often see 'Seven Sisters' and other multifloras growing and blooming up in the trees along roads but never this. Any Ideas? I think it may be a Wichuriana hybrid due to the sprawling/rambling habit. It seems to stay rather close to the ground, sending up 2' canes which end up falling under their weight and sprouting roots. I took some cuttings which should be rooted by now. Is it a named cultivar? Any comments are welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unknown Rambler

The flowers fade to pure white a day or two after blooming, I forgot to mention.

o

Also, the is a very faint apple scent.

o

Also, the is a very faint apple scent.

o

How lovely! Can you tell us more? Is she thorny, how many leaflets, repeat blooms, etc?

o

She has a vicious array of thorns, on the bottoms of leaves as well. 7-9 leaflets. I'll have to find a picture showing the foliage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here