Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little bloom, white, repeats

Posted by cweathersby NE TX 7b/8a (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 07 at 16:38

An unknown rose that I planted in my garden. I may have rooted it or it might have been gotten in a trade. Either way, the tag is gone.
No distinguishing characteristics as far as I can tell, but I'm no expert rose identifier so maybe y'all can tell me what to look for.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Carrie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little bloom, white, repeats

• Posted by melva 7b/8aTX (My Page) on
    Tue, May 29, 07 at 18:16

The leaves look 'Noisettey' is that a word? You don't mention scent...sorry, right now, that is not something you could check....I think it may be a Noisette is it all white, or does it have some pink? It might be Fewell's Noisette, I think you got cuttings for that one from me...

o

Thanks, Melva, I'll keep that name in mind.
No, I can't smell it, but I can't smell Nastarana, or Mary Washington, or Haynesville Pink, or MAC, or any of the noisettes.

o

Blush Noisette? Just poking around on HMF for the brain teaser fun of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blush Noisette at HMF

o

The blooms do look like the pictures on HMF. But this rose isn't blooming in clusters like that.
All of these Noisettes look the same to me!

o
fewell

Melva, Does Fewell's Noisette bloom in clusters? One of the pictures on HMF looked like it did.

o

Marie Pavie? Does it smell really good? Sure looks like Marie Pavie's blooms...they are small, can have a slight pinkish cast in bud or when fresh...fade to white, small bush, good repeat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here