Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chaoticdreams

Beautiful Hot Pink

Chaoticdreams
10 years ago

So I am a complete amateur at growing roses. Back in March my husband, who has green hands completely, purchased 3 roses for me from the Dollar General of all places. I didn't expect them to grow at all, much less as well as they have. All three didn't look the best in the world when purchased. Of course, now I know they were just dormant, but hey, amateur here. The other two are a deep red and a very light pink. This one however is the healthiest of them and has become my favorite this season. (At least till my others I just planted come out to say hi.)

Anybody have any idea? I'm not expecting anything amazing from the Dollar store LOL, but I am very happy with the turn out so far. It's on a long stem, with a smaller stem branching off about 6 inches down, with another bud that has just opened. Not too many leaves on either. The red and light pink ones have about the same type of flower, although both of those aren't exactly as green and nice as this one.

All are in containers at the moment for we just purchased a house and will be moving in in the Fall where I plan on properly planting them in the ground.

Thanks for any help :)

Comments (2)

• Chaoticdreams
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'd like to add to that the stems on this plant are really really thick with large thorns about the size of my thumbnail in width. The other two plants are no where near as thick.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Check out Pink Peace. It's often sold in the cheap body bags.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Peace at HMF

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!