Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charleston mystery rose #2

Posted by gardennatlanta z7atlantaGA (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 05 at 18:13

I'd like some help identifying this other rose. The picture makes it look like a small one but it looked more like a rambler or a climber. The blooms are in clusters and are white with a hint of pink and smelled like honey to me.
It had very pointy leaves and although I looked, I don't remember about thorns.

Thanks for your help.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charleston mystery rose #2

It's a noisette. Could be Champney or Blush Noisette. Well, there are several that it could be. Need a side-wise view if you can. Is it really, really fragrant?

o

Unfortunately, I only have the one photograph. It was very fragrant. It probably won't help, but it did have a bit of black spot on the bush but I think it's been pretty neglected. It was still blooming away and had most of it's leaves.

o

I'm with Patricia on this one, definately a noisette, probably either Blush Noisette or Champney's Pink Cluster. Both are real fragrant.
Hamp

o

I looked at the pictures on helpmefind and it looks a lot more like Blush Noisette. But the pictures didn't show the big clusters of blooms like this bush had. Does Blush Noisette bloom in clusters?

HMF said Blush Noisette has a clove fragrance. I thought it smelled like honey. Is that just a difference in noses?

Thanks. Jeff

o

Jeff, my Blush Noisette blooms in large clusters, just like the picture you posted. The fragrance is sweet, not clove to me. Mine does tend to climb also. I've had it only since last fall and it's already about 5 feet tall on an obelisk.
Hamp

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here