Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vvesper

Please help ID lovely pink rose

vvesper
14 years ago

I have a lovely pink HT I would like to identify. It was planted in 2006 by the house's former owner. These people knew nothing about gardening and planted about 25 rose bushes in an 8-foot diameter bed - some with tags and some without. All the ones with tags were round metal J&P tags. So it would have been something easily available at HD, Lowes, etc.

The blooms are a light coral pink, about 3.5 inches across. I believe the petal count last year for the ones I counted averaged 32. Fragrance is a sweet apple smell. The bush has leathery dark green leaves, with serrated edges. New growth is red. It's very thorny on older canes; not so bad on new canes. The bush was killed to the ground its first winter, but was planted with the graft below ground, if there is one(not visible above ground at any rate). It's about 30" tall now and sort of an upright, but fairly bushy shape. Hot sun will make portions of the petals deeper pink, almost a two-toned effect. One of my photos (assuming I can get them posted right!) shows some of this going on last summer. I don't believe it has ever produced more than one blossom to a stem, so seems to be a HT ather than grandiflora.

Any help is appreciated!!

See linked photo bucket album for pictures.

The pink rose bush is the one on the right. Sorry the bud is sideways - when I tried to rotate on photo bucket the image was distorted. There's a picture of new growth and bud. The color gets deeper in hotter weather and more sun.

The last picture is kind of blurry, but shows some of the bi-tone effect from hot sun.

Here is a link that might be useful: lt pink rose on photobucket

Comments (2)