Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Could this be 'Pax'?

Posted by vmr423 z8 SC (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 14 at 20:07

This rose belongs to a friend, and I'm hoping for a cutting. It was planted years ago by a lady (now deceased) who loved old roses, and it's doing very nicely, thank you, in the SC Lowcountry heat and humidity. Blooms off and on from Spring until cold weather sets in...

The plant is in a large container, and is probably about 5'x5'?

The blooms can look quite tea-like (à la 'Maman Cochet' or 'Mme Jos Schwartz') but the blooms show their stamens, so probably not Teas, but could have some Tea ancestry?

The color is cream with an occasional pinkish tinge on the outer petals that may or may not be virus-induced.

Will post a couple of follow-up pix, but they don't have great looks at leaves, stems, etc. Sorry, but if you need a better photo for ID, please tell me what you want to see & I'll try to supply an additional photo or two.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Could this be 'Pax'?

Photo #2...

o
RE: Could this be 'Pax'?

Photo #3

Looking fairly tea-like, and that pink does look rather viral, eh?

o
RE: Could this be Pemberton's Hybrid Musk, 'Pax'?

Sorry- I just saw that there are several roses named 'Pax' in HMF, but I'm wondering about Pemberton's Hybrid Musk...

I am thinking I see a resemblance, but I really am just guessing, and would love to hear from someone with a clue.

This post was edited by vmr423 on Sat, May 31, 14 at 22:29

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here