Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID for this pale pink/peach rose, please?

Posted by Weberriver none (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 14 at 20:07

Information: I don't know its age, it's probably fairly cold hardy, but it is less heat/drought tolerant than some of my other roses. (Got droopy during the heat yesterday.)

Also, we have a second rose bush that I thought was identical to this one...they have very similar foliage and thorns, and early buds look very much alike. I honestly just thought we had two bushes of the same type. Yet as their roses have each matured, that other one is more obviously (light) pink than this one is and has more petals. Possibly they are related? Dunno if that'll help with ID or not though.

Bloom:

This post was edited by Weberriver on Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 2:53

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID for this pale pink/peach rose, please?

Plant sans blooms:

o

Thorns:

o

Bud 1:

o

Bud 2:

o

Bud 3:

o

Do you think it could be 'Apricot Nectar'? There are a lot of lovely peachy roses, but that's a popular one, so maybe? And it scored an 'Excellent' rating on most criteria at the Help Me Find web site (link below), but only a 'Good' when it comes to heat tolerance...

Also, I'm no expert, but I wonder if your rosebushes might be the same variety, but some difference in light/soil/something else could cause a slight color variation? If it's a significant difference in color, I'd go for the "Two Different Varieties" theory...

Here is a link that might be useful: Help Me Find link to 'AN' photos

o

It very well could be Apricot Nectar? So far, however, mine has favored a sort of creamy hue more so than those photos show. Honestly it seems like it fits somewhere between Apricot Nectar and Diamond Jubilee, lol.

As for the second rose bush -- now that it's finished blooming, it's clear that it is a different variety than this one. I've posted on this forum too, under "Light pink rose, lots of pointy petals." I still think they might be related though.

o

Oh, I just noticed that Apricot Nectar blooms in clusters. Mine has solitary blooms only so far.

o

Looks like my Medallion! Could it be? Are the blooms huge?

Andrea

o

The blooms are average-sized right now, but I do have to say, Medallion DOES look very similar to my rose!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here