Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help i.d. light pink rose bush

Posted by rose_newbie none (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 21:13

I just moved into this house and in the back there are two big rose bushes. I have pruned a little only to create a walk way thru them because when it grows it seems to branch out. The roses are not that big but the bush itself is a bout 5' tall and 3' wide. I can see that if i don't control them they'd grow wild! It also seems to grow really fast...i know nothing about roses so i have been doing research on how to care for them. It seems like the base is all wood and bad but thick healthy stems are growing out of what looks like wood. Im just so confused :-/ thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help i.d. light pink rose bush

Could you provide close-up photos of the blooms and leaves, please? Also a description of the blooms (number of petals, any fragrance, etc.). The more info the better. Thanks.

o

Here's another

o

Light fragrance, small rose blooms

o

And is this trunk healthy? I've been doing research and it looks like a lot if dead wood however there are healthy stems growing from it so im confused whether to cut iy all out when i prune it

o

Leaves and buds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here