Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Rose Bush is This? (Pics!)

Posted by redthreaddiy 6 (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 21:41

We moved into our new house last summer. This is what the rose bush that was already here, had done:

IMG_1563

It was tangled in with weeds, trees, everything. We had to cut it down so it could start over. Now it's just a low-lying bush.

IMG_3877

Here are close-ups of the leaves:
IMG_3876

Anyone know what kind of rose this is? I would love to know so I can take proper care of it. :) Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Rose Bush is This? (Pics!)

It looks to be some sort of multiflora rambler. I'll think on this and see what I can come up with. (Not having close up photos of the flowers makes this nearly impossible, but I'll give it a shot.)

Where are you?

Connie

o

It looks a lot like a rambler I found growing at the corner of my yard, which I have since ID'd (I"m fairly sure anyway) as Excelsa. Same growth habit, same leaves, same clusters of flowers, the way they hang and the same color.

It would help though, to know where you are. Did it bloom any other time during the year? Is there any scent?
Donna

o

I don't remember if there is any scent, and I live in Michigan. Once any flowers come up, I'll be sure to post close-ups! Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here