Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
contowi5

ID pink climbing? rose

contowi5
18 years ago

I think this rose is a climber. I used to have lilacs over the fence and it was growing all in there and blooming. It seems to have suckers every year. This is only the second year I have been living at this house. It was here when I moved in. It seems to bloom once in spring, but I'm not sure if it would bloom again if properly cared for. I would like to ID this rose so I can care for it better. I am a total novice. This is only my third year of gardening all together, so any help would be appreciated.

Image link:

Comments (3)

• contowi5
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Someone emailed suggesting that this could be a Banshee. She wasn't 100% sure because my picture was dark. Is there any thing special I should look for to rule out or in this species? It seems to have most of the characteristics listed on helpmefind.com. I won't be totally sure about the stronger fragrance until it blooms again in late June. Also, I don't think it was quite as light colored as in some of the pics but I read on some of the sites that sell this rose that it comes in different shades.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Banshee page on HelpMeFind

• cecilia_md7a
    18 years ago

The buds in your photo don't look like Banshee's buds to me. They don't have the long, fringed sepals that Banshee has. Unless I just can't see them because the photo is dark.

Right now I have two mystery roses from two different sources blooming in my garden that I think might BOTH be Banshee.

• nrynes
    18 years ago

Paul Barden has an article on his website about Banshee...might be helpful for you:

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/main_dec.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Paul Barden and Banshee Article

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio