Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light pink rose, lots of pointy petals

Posted by Weberriver none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 2:21

Any ideas what kind of rose this is? It has a rather unique scent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light pink rose, lots of pointy petals

Whole plant:

o

Thorns:

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 16:19

With all those petals I wonder if it could be Memorial Day.

o

• Posted by vettin z6b Northern VA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 18:28

Speculating Blossomtime. There are many pinks though...I will have to see if my Blossomtime has that many petals. Also depends on how old and where planted. Blossomtime is a climber and will throw long canes - the one I have is budded and in a sunny spot.

o

Memorial Day and Blossomtime are somewhat like it, but neither really feel like the right fit to me.

This rosebush is built very much like another rose that I've posted here, "ID for this pale pink/peach rose, please?" The mature roses themselves are different, but the leaf shape, thorn type, and early bud are very similar. Enough so that I thought they were the same variety before they had bloomed. I wonder if they are related?

I've seen a few others on HelpMeFind that have this look to them, many of them bred by Eugene Boerner. But as of yet, no luck finding any that strike me as an accurate ID for these two.

o

Hmm, might it be Belinda's Dream?

The bloom is very similar, but I'm not so sure about the early bud and thorns, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Belinda's Dream at HMF

This post was edited by Weberriver on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 0:30

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here