Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angel23_gw

Coral Pink Rose I. D.? From the Philippines

angel23
14 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm from the Philippines where the average hottest temperature daily is around 33 deg Celsius. This DOES affect the roses...smaller blooms, slightly different color tones, even the scent is affected. Most of the photos on the web are of roses in cooler climates like the USA or Europe so comparisons are oftentimes misleading.

I grow 29 varieties, of which 25 or so are unidentified. I know that most of the varieties that find their way to the Philippines are the older ones, usually those introduced some 20 years ago or earlier. Please help me.

Let me begin with this rose. I first bought a rose of this variety way back in 1985.

Growth Habits: Sends out long arching canes, many prickles sort of reddish brown.

Foliage: Large, medium green, semiglossy. Very light bronze new growth

Blooms: Very double, well-formed, usually coral pink to a light orange, one to a stem

Fragrance: Slight

Additional Comments: Seems to like the very hot climate in the Philippines. Blooms hold their color well. Blooms tend to "bow" after the rain. Somebody told me it might be the grandiflora "Camelot". Well, it is a tall plant but I have never seen it produce a cluster of flowers, always one to a stem on long cutting stems. Besides, most sources say that Camelot is "very fragrant".

Mine is a leggy plant with the usual "bare lower legs" common to many hybrid teas.

Angel

Image link:

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County