Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dsd2682

Could This Be cupcake?

SoFL Rose z10
10 years ago

Hi All,
I got this little rose for mother's day from a local grocery store. I usually always end up killing all my minis (don't ask me why because I grow over 100 rose types and have never killed any of those). But almost always the grocery store minis defoliate from blackspot and eventually croak. Buuuuut, this particular rose has been outstanding! Not only has she had no blackspot since Mother's day (in our Florida heat and sometimes week long rain sessions). But she's also been a heavy bloomer. She's on her second flush now and she's pretty much covered in flowers or buds. I have not had luck with any mini like this ever. Not even close! So I'd really like to know her name.
To tell you the truth she's kind of big or a mini. I'd say she could even be a miniflora but who knows. Her leaves are much bigger than an miniature rose I have owned (about a full inch to 1.5 inch in size) and her flowers are about 2 inches wide. (Her buds are round and the size of a marble). This little urn she's in is about 15" tall.
I looked around and I thought maybe she could be Cupcake but only because cupcake is a pink miniature rose. I've never seen it in person. If anyone recognizes this little beauty let me know.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio