Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What species of rose?

Posted by mrsbrigham none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 8:30

Hello!

Newbie rose gardener here. We have a gorgeous perennial garden we are watching bloom for the first time. There are several rose bushes matching the description of this one.

The flowers are about 2'' around, deep magenta in color. What are they?

Thanks
Mrs. B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What species of rose?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 20:37

Mrs.B, can you give us some more description and pictures of the canes and the entire plant? You probably don't know yet if they rebloom all season or just once but that would help too.

o

Hi seil ... I live in CT and this is the first time I've watched it bloom. These pictures show a good description of what it looks like. The bush is about 1.5 feet tall and wide. Dark green, sturdy leaves with a lot of yellowing marks, probably from the time of day I have watered the garden ... That's all I got. I hope this helps. Thanks! I really don't know much about roses at all, so forgive me !!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 8, 14 at 12:52

There are a lot of pink species roses it could be. I think you'll need to watch it and take pictures over the course of the season in order to be able to ID it. Take a lot of pictures of how it grows, buds, blooms, thorns, leaves, canes and hips.

I've added a link to Help Me Find Roses for a pink species rose search.

Here is a link that might be useful: HMF rose research site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here