Return to the Name That Rose Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify 2 tone Barbie pink!

Posted by Ninkasi 6ish (Germany) (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 9:26

Hi everyone!
This beautiful thing is growing exuberantly in a giant bush in a yard across the village. It is one of the most outstanding roses I have ever seen. Can anyone help identify it? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify 2 tone Barbie pink!

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 16:21

Looks like Double Delight. Is it fragrant?

o

I don't think the scent is strong enough to be a double delight, nor is the center yellow enough.. I have had a look around at some of the garden centers here-- I think it might be Nostalgie (Nostalgia) of Jubilé du Prince de Monaco. Has anyone tried growing these before?

o

I agree that it looks like 'Nostalgie', but have a look at 'Cherry Parfait', 'Nicole', 'Tourbillon', 'Leo Ferre', Harlequin' and 'Maxim' just for comparison's sake...

And since you live in Europe, I'll mention that there is also a similar-looking rose called 'Blumenstadt Tulln'- I found a photo of it from 2009, so I know it's at least that old, but I don't see it on HMF (at least not by that name). Link below for photos...

But I agree that it's probably 'Nostalgie'...

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Blumenstadt Tulln' beetrose link

o

those are all beautiful roses, and any of them potentially could be it. Thanks for the help--I might just have to order one now..that Blumenstadt Tulln looks especially exotic.

o

Wow, this is a beautiful rose. It almost doesn't seem real. The pure white in the center and red on the outside does not seem to match any of my roses. My Nicole's are not as red and have a little more blending. "Nostalgia" seems to be much fuller and more rounded. It is so hard to tell since weather, water, fertilizers, so many thinks can make one rose look very different from the same rose grown in another environment. Good luck

o

• Posted by vettin z6b Northern VA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 8, 14 at 14:46

Looks like photos of Cherry Parfait, but have not seen that rose in person

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Rose Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here